Send me regular updates and alerts

  No.1 Immigration Consultants in world


Select Your Country
What is CUHK's definition of International student?

International students are those who require student visas to study in Hong Kong.

Is accommodation provided for international students?

Non-local students are given the option to live on or off campus. For those who would like to live on campus, a hostel place will be made available for the full period of their undergraduate studies at the University. However, non-local students are encouraged to take up off-campus accommodation for one academic year during their studies to enrich their exposures and broaden their perspectives. For those who would prefer not to take up off-campus accommodation for financial or other reasons, their respective colleges will continue to provide them with a hostel place on campus.

What major programmes are open to international students?

International students can choose major programmes offered by the Faculty of Arts, Business Administration, Engineering, Medicine, Law, Science and Social Sciences; as well as the Contemporary China Studies programme offered by the Centre for East Asian Studies.

University education in Hong Kong is expensive. Is it true?

No, Hong Kong's high-quality education comes at a reasonable price. Annual tuition fees for government-funded programs range from just HK$75,000-$120,000 (about US$9,700-15,400). That's less than half of what you would pay at comparable institutions in the U.S. or U.K. Furthermore, full and partial scholarships are available for talented students to fund their education.

Why should I study in Hong Kong?

There are too many reasons to count! Check out the rest of our website to find out about all of the exciting things that Hong Kong offers, including top-notch universities, well-recognized degrees, innovative programs, and an experience in a fantastic world city!

Do I need to speak English?

Yes. There are some exceptions, such as Translation or Chinese History, that are taught in Putonghua or Cantonese, but universities use English as the medium of instruction for most of the programs. Students must demonstrate a level of English that is sufficient for understanding lectures and reading materials, producing written work, and communicating with instructors and classmates. Most institutions require an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS score, and some have their own English competence test. That said, most local students are not native speakers of English; schools ask for proficiency, not absolute perfection.

What major programs are open to international students?

International students can choose major programs offered by the Faculty of Arts, Business Administration, Engineering, Medicine, Law, Science and Social Sciences; as well as the Contemporary China Studies program offered by the Center for East Asian Studies.

What is the tuition fee, hostel fee, and other living expenses?

Tuition fee is HK$120,000 for the academic year 2013-14. They do change every year depending upon the Hong Kong Universities requirements. Hostel fee is around HK$10,000 per academic year, Living and other expenses would be around HK$35,000 per academic year.

How should I apply for an entrance scholarship?

All international applicants applying for admission to CUHK undergraduate programs for 2013 entry will automatically be considered for undergraduate entrance scholarships once formal admission offers have been given. There is no need for you to submit a separate application for a scholarship.

What is the duration process of Student Visa Application?

Applicants should check the status of their applications four weeks after the submission of application.

Can I take dependents along with me?

Persons admitted for studying in full-time undergraduate or post-graduate programmes in local degree-awarding institutions may apply to bring in their spouses and unmarried dependent children under the age of 18.

What is Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)?

The Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is point based immigration system in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

Is there any quota system for QMAS?

There is a quota system for QMAS.

What is the Minimum point needed to qualify for QMAS?

These points are given based on age, educational qualification, experience, IELTS score and family background.

Is my qualification is assessed by Hong Kong Immigration?

Yes, if the immigration official thinks that your qualification needs to be assessed then the qualification assessment would be done.

QMAS visa is issued for how many years?

Visas issued under QMAS are usually valid for one year period.

Do I need an employment before applying for QMAS scheme?

Under this scheme, applicant does not need to acquire an offer of local employment beforehand.

Can I take dependents along with me?

Yes, even dependents can work and study under this scheme.

What is the best time to visit Hong Kong?

Hong Kong is an all-year-round destination. It enjoys a mild climate from the middle of September to the end of February, while the weather from May to mid-September can be hot and humid. About 80% of Hong Kong's rainfall occurs between May and September, with August usually the wettest month.

Do I need a visa to visit Hong Kong?

Visitors from most countries can enter Hong Kong without a visa for periods of seven days to 180 days, depending on nationality. Indians have a visa free period for visit not exceeding 14 days.

How is the weather in Hong Kong?

October to early December is usually the autumn. Mid-December to February is usually the winter. March to April is the spring. May to September is the summer.

Can I study in Hong Kong?

Hong Kong offers you a wide range of post graduate studies with opportunities to study on taught Master degrees, diploma and certificates, research degree (MPhil and PhD) and professional doctoral degree programmes. Academic staffs are highly qualified and recruited worldwide.

Do I need visa for Hong Kong for the purpose of study, employment, training, investment and residence?

Any person other than those who have the right of residence or right to land in Hong Kong must obtain a visa before coming to Hong Kong.

Immigration Evaluation Contact Opulentus Immigration Advice